- AFC BOURNEMOUTH v CRYSTAL PALACE: Palace Fan site The Eagles Beak pinpoint Fraser as threat
- VIDEO: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2 WOLVES 1
- STOKE 0 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1: Roger East loves Ryan Shawcross, happy Hughes and Pugh is back
- FOUR FOUR TWO: Cherries points deduction story makes national fooball mag. TFTSE included
- WILL BOURNEMOUTH BEAT LEICESTER?
Every football fan loves a last gasp winner or an amazing comeback and every team has a story to tell. Here we look back at some of what we think are the greateat ever comebacks and last gasp winners. We kick off with Swansea away back in 2008.
THE 2007/08 SEASON saw the Cherries stage the most unlikely of comebacks to come within a whisker of League One survival. With 7 games to go AFC Bournemouth were dead and buried. Fourteen points adrift they had to overcome the almost insurmountable task of winning all 7 games to stand any chance of staying up. Drop any points along the way and the Cherries would almost inevitably be doomed to relegation.
THE CHERRIES LINE-UP
The seemingly impossible kicked off with home victories against Tranmere and Millwall, but it was the next game against Champions elect Swansea that brought the real drama. The Cherries gifted Swansea a goal in the 50th minute and as the clock ticked towards the 90th minutes it looked like AFC Bournemouth were doomed. But the amazing happened in the space of a minute. Joe Partington first nodded home to equalize before Jo Kuffour swept home from close range to score the winner and grab the very valuable three points.
AFC BOURNEMOUTH LOOKING FOR A SIXTH STRAIGHT WIN
COMING SOON: MORE GREATEST AFCB COMEBACKS & LAST GASP WINNERS