- GLENN MURRAY: Who should be his strike partner?
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH 0 SPURS 0: Also known as the Harry Arter show
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Watch the moment Francis got red & Boruc saved. Plus, Eddie Howe’s reaction
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2 BURY 0 : Igoe and Partington seal the points
- PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEW: AFC Bournemouth has never been so popular
With another season in the Premier League almost in the bag Eddie Howe will be planning his squad for next season.
He will have been looking for new additions to strengthen the squad. We at TFTSE Towers have already suggested six players Eddie should sign. But, to make way for new players, current players need to move on to pastures new. Here we take a closer look at the current squad and pick out the players that we think should move one.
01. Max Gradel – Midfielder – £6m*
He has been moaning about not playing and wanting to leave, so let him. He has never been the player most of us hoped he would be. He has had his moments, but ever since he got injured he has struggled to get back in the team. He needs to move on while we look for another winger/striker.
02. Ryan Allsop – Goalkeeper – £200k*
As a third choice keeper his prospects of breaking in to the first team aren’t good. He has been with us since 2012 and made 26 first team appearances in that time. He needs to move on and get regular first team elsewhere. Like him as a keeper so hope he makes it wherever he goes.
03. Adam Federici – Goalkeeper – £850k*
A half decent keeper but never good enough to oust Boruc. And, with rumours of Begovic on his way there seems little hope of him ever getting a game. He is another player who is injured and once he is fully fit we should send him out on loan with a view to selling.
04. Rhoys Wiggins – Defender – £425k*
Why did we ever sign Wiggins? We have said it before, but was Eddie Howe doing him a favour? Giving his old mate a job? Wiggins is no Premier League defender and was loaned out pretty much straight after signing. He is currently injured so I guess we can give him away once he is fit.
05. Brad Smith – Defender – £1.7m*
A player with potential, but a player who has struggled to make an impression. In reality we would put him behind Daniels and Mings in the pecking order, so it seems unlikely he is going to get a game. Should we send out on loan or sell? Send him on a season-long loan to pump up his value and see how well he performs. Then make a decision this time next season.
06. Lewis Grabban – Striker – £2.5m*
Bye. Never been a big fan and never thought he would make it in the Premier League. Also, seems a bit stroppy. His loan to Reading this season demonstrates his level. He hasn’t been a regular in a Championship team, so he won’t add anything to a Premier League team aiming for mid-table
07. Marc Wilson – Defender – £2m*
He signed, got injured, recovered, got injured again (if I remember rightly) and went on loan to West Brom. Seems he made a mistake signing for us and said he was much more at home in the Midlands. We could get better as backup.
* – all evalutations taken from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk