- FA CUP R2: Cherries take on the Spartans and get extra £40,000
- THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO FAR… MARCH 2014: A marvellous month sees the Cherries grab 19/24 points
- EVERTON 6 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3: New formation, same old defending and back to three
- MAN CITY: How to blow a three goal lead
- Eddie ‘tight-lipped’ over transfer talk
With the new Premier League season fast approaching Eddie Howe is putting the final touches to his squad for 2015/16. There may still be a few more additions to strengthen the squad but who will make the first XI in the first game of the new Premier League season?
Will Eddie How stick to his word and give the team that got the Cherries promoted their chance? Will he be willing to shuffle his squad and give the new boys a chance?
Eddie Howe is a man who is not afraid to shuffle his squad, but he is also a man who will stick with a first 11 that work as he wants. For the first game of the season we think he will not want to disrupt the Championship –winning side too much. He will not want to break the on-pitch relationships that worked so well last season ie Cook/Elphick, Francis/Ritchie, Surman/Arter.
We think he will err on the side of caution and make one/two or maybe three changes, but little beyond. This will change throughout the season as the new players become more familiar with the setup. By the end of the season we think the line-up against Man Utd at Old Trafford could be a very different one.
Here’s how we see the Cherries lining up against Aston Villa on Saturday 8th August 2015. What do you think?