- AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1 ACCRINGTON 0: Late Pitman strike see Cherries within 5 points of safety
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH: The probability of Football League surivial
- MATCHDAY: Time for AFCB to get back to winning ways against Swansea
- CHESTERFIELD 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 0: Connell misses penalty, Cherries miss out on point
- Match Preview: Hartlepool (H) 2011/12
The South End recently asked the question ‘SYLVAIN DISTIN: Should he keep his place in the AFC Bournemouth defence?’
The conclusive result was a resounding yes. Only 7% voted No, so according to the fans he should line up against Stoke this Sauturday. But, this raises the obvious question of who should play alongside him.
Assuming Tommy Elphick is fit there are three possible candidates to start alongside Distin at Stoke, Steve Cook, Tommy Elphick and Baily Cargill.
Baily Cargill, while a great defender, is currently fourth in the central defence pecking order. This leaves Cook and Elphick. Tommy Elphick is our captain and leader on the pitch. Plus, he has hardly put a foot wrong this season and when he is fit is an automatic first choice for us.
Steve Cook sits very much in the same space as Elphick and Cook again, has hardly put a foot wrong, but he has been at fault for a few goals. It is worth noting against Sunderland that he was the man on the spot when Distin miskicked to let Defoe in on goal. Perhaps this means we could have another poll soon ‘Should Distin lose his place’, who knows 🙂
Its fine margin and there is little to choose between the three, but if Distin is to start who is to start by his side, Elphick or Cook?