- AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Losing to Southampton. It means nothing to me
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1 GILLINGHAM 1: Ex England international Anderton grabs point
- JACK WILSHIRE: 5 stories about AFC Bournemouth’s debutee
- MATCHDAY: Will AFC Bournemouth beat West ham in another thriller? No
- CHELSEA 0 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1: Cherries make history as they beat Premier League champions
FOOTBALL LEAGUE TWO
9th August 2008
GOALS: Anderton 42
The Cherries bid to overhaul thier 17-point deficit ended in a low-key 1-1 draw with Gillingham snatching a point at the very end. In truth this was a fair result with Gillingham testing the Cherries keeper on a number of occasions.
Kuffour produced the Cherries first chance with Bartley heading over. Next Anderton had a decent chance, but it was at the other end where the ball should have been nestling in the back of the net. Simeon Jackson had a great chance but failed to beat the keeper. In the 42nd minute it was the Cherries main man Darren Anderton that produced a surging run from midfield before slotting beyond the Gills keeper.
HALF TIME 1-0
The Gills came out in the second half fired up for the fight and had three good chances to draw level. However, it took until almost the last kick of the game for subsitute Mulligan to knock in the equaliser with his first touch of the game.