- #AFCB v #CFC: The haves v the have nots, predictions, stats and stories
- MATCHDAY: Will #AFCB add another zero to the Eagles points tally?
- AFCB MYSTERY INVESTOR: Is there really a mystery major investor?
- #AFCB v #BCFC: It’s a push for the play-offs
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1 NORWICH 2: The tale of two hands as Cherries crash to first defeat in 15
This long-awaited fixture has been on the cards ever since the Cherries finished the season as runners-up. But, now the added bonus of another match beckons with first round games played in the week commencing 9th August. So before the season even starts Cherries fans will have the pleasure of gracing St Mary’s for a dress rehearsal of what is yet to come.
The Cherries have not played Southampton since a League Cup meeting in 1987 and the last time they meet in the league was in 1960. That’s 50 years ago, which means that most Cherries fans will have never seen the two in league competition.
So, why the obvious rivalry?
The Scum has been far more successful than the Cherries with a long stint in the Premiership, an FA Cup win and an FA Cup appearance. Is it jealousy? Or is it something far simpler, location.
We at TFTSE don’t know why, we cannot put the excitement and expectation into words. But what we do know is that we want to beat those pompous bastards every which way we can. And we know we are going to love it.