IS MID-TABLE THE BEST THE CHERRIES CAN EXPECT?

By -

Before the 2013/14 season kicked-off, Cherries fans were basking in the glow of promotion and getting ready to take on the big boys of the Championship. Speculation, as always, was rife, with the dedicated hardcore and a new generation of fans, ‘Where will the Cherries finish in the their first season back in the the second division for over 20 years?’
 
The optimistic looked to the recent back-to-back promotions of Norwich and Southampton, the realistic looked to mid-table consolidation and the pessimistic looked to a straight fight to avoid relegation. Then there were the ridiculous, ‘Champions of course’. Before a ball had been kicked we at TFTSE Towers were firmly in the Play-offs scenario, but, this was the heart ruling more than the head. But, like most Cherries fans we knew a mid-table finish would be a great achievement, we simply wanted more.
 
The season started on a bright note with a 2-1 win over Charlton and a 1-0 win over Wigan. In fact the month of August saw three wins. At the other end of the spectrum the two defeats to Watford and Huddersfield were a timely reminder of exactly how tempetuous life in the Championship could be. However these three wins injected a new sense of hope. As long as we could keep it tight a the back, a play-off place could be a realistic proposition.
 
Two months months later and only two wins have seen the Cherries slip down the table to 14th, 6 points from relegation and 6 points from the play-offs.
 
Is this a more realistic position? We think no, but our currently running poll suggests that this is the favoured choice of the fans with 36 % of the votes going for mid-table. Add in the bottom-half and relegation votes and we have a total of 77% of voters believing its a mid-table, or worse for the Cherries. This leaves only 23% of vote for the play-offs, promotion or the title.
 
We at TFTSE sit with the minority, with key players to come back, Matt Ritchie, other players to come into form Rantie, Daniels, and even the possible addition of new players the second half of the season still looks bright. In our hearts its a top 5 finish, in our heads we are looking to 9th.
 
What do you think? cast your vote in out poll now
 

Where will the Cherries finish in 2013/14

AFCBMidTable

Will be top, middle or bottom? Cast your vote now


[poll id=”46″]

 

Tales From The South End

An Unofficial AFC Bournemouth website with news, video archive, match reports, form guide, football league news, fixtures and results, blog and Cherries shrine

Leave a Reply