- EDDIE HOWE: League’s youngest mamanger makes the Times Online
- FOUR FOUR TWO: Cherries points deduction story makes national fooball mag. TFTSE included
- FIFA 17: Be a Bournemouth expert in the EA SPORTS community
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH ON CZECH FOREST FAN SITE
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH: How well will we do in League Two starting on -17 points
FOOTBALL LEAGUE TWO
25the October 2008
Lincoln scored the only goal in a drab uninspiring affair.
The Cherries almost got off to a flyer but Lee Bradbury’s shot was blocked on the line by the City goalkeeper.
But as the first half wore on the Cherries seemed to forget the basics and reverted to long balls and few chances as Lincoln started to take control. The visitors went ahead in the 24th minute thanks to some poor defending which allowed City to side foot home.
The second period saw a more purposeful Cherries, but it was one of those days when they really couldn’t seem to get it together. Plenty of possession saw Goulding sneak in a shot and have a decent claim for a penalty turned down.
Igoe came on for Anderton with 15 minutes to go, but the Cherries could not find a way past a resolute Lincoln City defence.