By -
Football League One | 22nd October 2011
ATT: 6122 | REF: Linington | HALF-TIME: 1-1


41 mins | MARC PUGH | AFC Bournemouth | 1-0

A long throw -in from the right saw the ball evade a couple of Bury defenders allowing Thomas to nod the ball across the goal. Pugh chased down the knock-down and flicked the ball into the top corner with the outside of his boot.

45 mins | GILES COKE | Bury | 1-1

A long ball from the left evaded everyone in defence leaving Coke free to take a shot past the advancing Cummings and slot under the keeper.

53 mins | ANDY BISHOP | Bury | 1-2

A simple ball went out to the right, no closing down saw another simple cross onto the head of the unmarked Andy Bishop who glanced the ball past Flahavan. Easy.


GOAL: D Flahavan
DEFENCE: S Purches | A Barrett | S Zubar | W Cummings
MIDFIELD: J Peters | S Gregory | H Arter | M Pugh
UP FRONT: M Symes | W Thomas

ON THE BENCH: Jalal, Partington, Fogden, Sheringham, Fletcher
CHANGES: 33 Partington>Arter 46 Fogden>Partington 72 Symes>Fletcher


LEE BRADBURY gives his reaction:

“I thought we started really well but didn’t capitalise on it and let them back into the game.

“I was excited about the Wes Thomas and Michael Symes partnership and at times they showed they linked up quite well but it wasn’t consistent enough.

“I want to change the home performances to be like they were last year. I want teams to go away from here thinking a point is a good point.”

BURY manager Richie Barker:

“I thought the players were absolutely fantastic today.

“There were some negatives in the first half and if their finishing had been better, we’d have been dead and buried at half-time.

“I’m absolutely delighted for him (Andy Bishop) because he’s been fantastic for the past three weeks.”


The home hoodoo continues, and it is hard to see how, but conversely it is easy to see why. Undoutedly a game of two halves. The first should have seen the home side in front within minutes of kick-off. Thomas looked certain to score, but didn’t. Other chnaces came and went with Thomas had a great chance to make it 2-0 seconds before the break, but missed an easy header. So what happened? Of course, Bury went up the other end, got a corner and scored.

The second half saw a reshuffle with Partington back on the injured list along with Harry Arter. Peters dropped back into defence and looked better there than in midfield. However, the midfield decided not to do very much and the second Bury goal was like an accident waiting to happen, no closing down from the home side, just let them pass and cross and while you’re there leave their player unmarked so he can score. Make an effort boys we are still in a relegation battle, but not for long of course 🙂


Tales From The South End
Tales From The South End

An Unofficial AFC Bournemouth website with news, video archive, match reports, form guide, football league news, fixtures and results, blog and Cherries shrine

Leave a Reply