- MINGS & GRADEL OUT: Is it time for Pugh & Daniels to shine… again
- ALDERSHOT 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1: Loanee Sappleton rescues point
- PREMIER LEAGUE WE’RE HAVING A LAUGH #8: A salute to Sunderland
- AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Are we top of the league? Ask the 5385 fans at the game
- FAC 2012/13: The Cherries path to a third round replay
FOOTBALL LEAGUE TWO
25the October 2008
Lincoln scored the only goal in a drab uninspiring affair.
The Cherries almost got off to a flyer but Lee Bradbury’s shot was blocked on the line by the City goalkeeper.
But as the first half wore on the Cherries seemed to forget the basics and reverted to long balls and few chances as Lincoln started to take control. The visitors went ahead in the 24th minute thanks to some poor defending which allowed City to side foot home.
The second period saw a more purposeful Cherries, but it was one of those days when they really couldn’t seem to get it together. Plenty of possession saw Goulding sneak in a shot and have a decent claim for a penalty turned down.
Igoe came on for Anderton with 15 minutes to go, but the Cherries could not find a way past a resolute Lincoln City defence.