- MATCHDAY: Will #AFCB add another zero to the Eagles points tally?
- NEW SIGNINGS: Swindon Town winger Marshall ‘Too good’ for the Cherries
- PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP: The great moment in AFC Bournemouth history?
- VIDEO: BRENTFORD (A) 1994/95
- WHEN AFC BOURNEMOUTH WON PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP: A look back to the day we beat Carlisle
FOOTBALL LEAGUE TWO | 21st March 2009
The Cherries suffered thier first home defeat of 2009 to Notts Couny who notched their first away win of the year.
The home side should have been two up inside the first ten minutes but a double save denied Goulding and Robinson. Pitman broke through early on but a weak shot was easily saved.
A lacklustre Cherries failed to get a grip on the game and were made in pay with half-time approaching. Two minutes later Jalal kept out a penalty.
The second half saw Cooper replace the ineffective Bradbury. Just over ten minutes into the half and a tactical change saw Bartley replace Fletcher.
The home side continued to struggle and couldn’t net an equaliser on a day it simply didn’t happen for the Cherries.